tfw
Game Master

Re: Official fuck the rules discussion thread

Post by tfw » March 18th, 2020, 5:27 pm

TFW AND LUNAMAN FOR HEADMIN 2020 WE MUTINY NOW
Nathanel13

Post by Nathanel13 » March 18th, 2020, 10:38 pm

Discussed, open to changing the rules to a much more lax ruleset.
The latejoiners, that's a bit up in the air and I'd like to see a separate suggestion with that idea much more fleshed out.

If you want to come up with a draft for the new ruleset I can have that reviewed as soon as you're finished and then implemented.
Lunaman223
Head Admin

Post by Lunaman223 » March 25th, 2020, 4:51 pm

Rule number one: Don't be an asshole without a reason. Base all your actions on what you would do if YOU were there, and not just playing a character.
Examples:
  • Botanist broke into chemistry? Push his shit in.
    Clown keeps laying bananas around sec when they're trying to catch a suspected traitor? Push his shit in.
    Clown hit you with a pie once? Depending on context, you can push his shit in, but don't, usually.
This, in general, means that most conflict won't need admin intervention anymore, since hey, it's probably your fault. Of course, murderboning as a non-antagonist is still a good reason to Ahelp someone.
Assisting an antagonist can be done, but realize that only doing that will stick out and you'll get fucked.
Rule number two: Hippie Station has a relaxed roleplaying style. This means that most things are allowed, except for the following:
  • Don't talk about the current round in OOC before it has ended.
    Don't have a pants-on-head retarded name. Antagonists, Clowns, Mimes and Silicons are excused from this.
    Don't use emotes, parenthesis, usernames/ckeys, or leetspeek IC.
    No erotic roleplay.
    Don't metacomm.
    Don't use multiple accounts.
    Don't use information gained while dead, if you get revived/respawned.
While metagaming was previously completely banned, certain players have shown that, if they're given sufficient time, they will kill the entire station/make everyone retarded/generally ruin fun for most people. In this case, targetting them first is completely allowed. A new concept, this is self-moderation of the playerbase. If you see that DickShit99 always goes chemist and always makes impedrezene and injects everyone he can with it, it might be a good idea to beat him as soon as you see him making something like that.
Rule number three:Obey your laws as a silicon.
If you have laws, you're a silicon.
Laws take priority in the order that they are listed, first to last, highest to lowest.
Silicons do not have to obey Rule 1. Your laws are the replacements for that rule.
You may still freely murder catbeasts, cluwnes, and erotic copypasta readers regardless of lawset.
You may loophole every law you have, unless you are currently emagged. Loopholing default lawsets to be a dick will get you killed at best, banned at worst.
Roundstart races count as human under asimov. Wizards, Nuclear Operatives, and Abductors are obviously not crew.

Addendum: Antagonists don't have to follow the first rule, they're antag for a reason. Of course, if a traitor gets borged, he still has to follow the rules, and ALL antags need to follow the second rule.
2bubberducky2

Post by 2bubberducky2 » March 25th, 2020, 4:53 pm

fuck the rules i make my own
I like D0nuts

Post by I like D0nuts » March 25th, 2020, 4:58 pm

Fuck the rules i make my own nigga, don't need a romanian to tell me what should i do and not DIE NIGGER
QuarianCommando
Game Master

Post by QuarianCommando » March 25th, 2020, 5:04 pm

Amend the no murderbone rule a little: if a chemist picks a fight with you, you're free to inject anything he is currently carrying on his person into him. He more than likely intended to use it on you if he started to lose the fight, so fuck him.
Lunaman223
Head Admin

Post by Lunaman223 » March 25th, 2020, 5:05 pm

that was allowed anyway, if he starts shit, he gets hit.