Official fuck the rules discussion thread

Spessmens go here
Lunaman223
Head Admin

Official fuck the rules discussion thread

Post by Lunaman223 » February 28th, 2020, 4:49 pm

I believe that the current rules suck massive fucking donkey balls and propose that they be changed. This is because of shit like validhunting which is a tumour on the game and the pop, admins being literal jannies that just ban people and have to resolve extremely retarded situations that need autistic rule interpretation, no bussing allowed because of muh antags, no fun allowed.

Lifeweb has the perfect rules of any other space station 13 server. It lets the players deal with known shitters without having to call the admins, has common sense instead of autistic shitty as rules, and it doesn't break the flow of the round by just fuckin' stopping a fight midway because the initiator wasn't antag or some shit like that.

The server is currently less of a game and more of a race to find muh valids. Due to them being so "rare"(not anymore lol), players jump at any opportunity to kill a nigga, instead of letting shit play out. You have antag gear even though I saw you kill the antag? FRAG!

Due to killing people being extremely punished, validhunting also goes wild because people crave le fraggies. It's also why antags go on frag-sprees instead of doing gimmicks or fun shit. It's also why funny antags like wizard get instantly killed by the captain with the entire armoury in his backpack or by clemens with his insta-kill insta-cum syringe mix.

The rules should just be "Make the round fun, don't be a fucking sperg autist retard shitter" and maybe some extra things like no metacomms, no rape, shit like that. Players should be able to take care of known shitters ingame without letting them prepare their omega death mix syringe or killing half the server for "proof" of them being shitters.

TL;DR: Replace the current rules with freer rules that generate more actual fun instead of cringe validhunting, make the admins work as dungeonmasters instead of jannies, allow pre-emptive strikes against known shitters like Kiefer, base the rules on common sense instead of 27 rule paragraphs.
freshonionvendor

Re: Official fuck the rules discussion thread

Post by freshonionvendor » February 28th, 2020, 4:50 pm

Agreed.
Lunaman223
Head Admin

Post by Lunaman223 » February 28th, 2020, 4:52 pm

oh yeah I forgot to say
FUCK NIGGERS
FUCK KIKES
FUCK JANNIES
FUCK TGSTATION
FUCK GOONSTATION
LONG LIVE HIPPIE
LONG LIVE INTERHIPPIE
AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, FUCK YOU!
hentaisatan

Post by hentaisatan » February 28th, 2020, 4:52 pm

Fully support this in every way. +1
Cris5311
Game Admin

Post by Cris5311 » February 28th, 2020, 4:53 pm

Can you post the lifeweb rules you are talking about as reference?
Cris5311
Game Admin

Post by Cris5311 » February 28th, 2020, 4:56 pm

are those the ones you are refering to?

"
There are no rules, clarifications, exceptions and no team of overseers. Of course, this does not mean full permissiveness.
The player makes decisions based on the character's point of view and the intensity of the events. A look at the set of rules, not expressed in the game itself mechanically, turns the role-playing game into a farce.
The moderator's requirement to explain character's actions in the middle of a round destroys the atmosphere and the course of the narrative.
Lifeweb is created for intelligent escapists who value cooperative immersion into a gloomy world and maintain faith in it through a role-playing game. Such, as shown by practice, the majority.
Accidental guests who do not share this interest, in any case, will not get accustomed to - they are easily spotted and blocking them does not require a set of rules.
The return of random guests is difficult due to the ban on the entry of new BYOND-accounts.
Reports
If a player, in your opinion, is completely wild, losing respect for the game and other players, collect compromising evidence and place it into the Discord. But it's better to discuss the incident first with the guilty one.
Automatic tyranny
The game is smart, and is able to repress unwanted players. The reasons for blocking can be as follows:

Multiaccounts. Using two different accounts during one round.
Assaulting the atmosphere of the game, using language. Examples: "We did it reddit", "memes", "wew lad"...
Also there is an Aspect in the game, giving the Church's Excommunication the power of a holy ban.
"
Lunaman223
Head Admin

Post by Lunaman223 » February 28th, 2020, 4:57 pm

i'll post what the page says
There are no rules, clarifications, exceptions and no team of overseers. Of course, this does not mean full permissiveness.

The player makes decisions based on the character's point of view and the intensity of the events. A look at the set of rules, not expressed in the game itself mechanically, turns the role-playing game into a farce.
The moderator's requirement to explain character's actions in the middle of a round destroys the atmosphere and the course of the narrative.
Lifeweb is created for intelligent escapists who value cooperative immersion into a gloomy world and maintain faith in it through a role-playing game. Such, as shown by practice, the majority.

i removed some things that don't matter for us, like guests or netspeak being an automatic ban.
I don't think the rules would fully fit with us, since we do have admins, but only small corrections would be needed.
dlsoto

Post by dlsoto » February 28th, 2020, 5:02 pm

You posted non cringe you get tons of social credit
tfw
Game Master

Post by tfw » February 28th, 2020, 6:28 pm

Swapping to a ruleset similar to lifeweb would be pretty interesting, however, like you mentioned, changes would be necessary to make it work. Lifeweb rules seem to be an all or nothing sort of deal. Either you have no rules or you do have rules. Because of this I'm not really sure how we would make changes without them being rather drastic. The first things that come to mind are removing ahelps from in-game (I'm assuming there are none on lifeweb, correct me if I'm wrong as I've never played lifeweb), paring down the staff significantly, as there wouldn't really be a need for a large staff, and an overall change in the structure of the staff (trials to admins to gms to heads into something else, though this perhaps wouldn't really be necessary).

These are just my thoughts upfront, I'll try and think about this some more, because this has been the first somewhat interesting idea for the server in a while. It actually got me to make a real post on here.
Lunaman223
Head Admin

Post by Lunaman223 » February 28th, 2020, 7:52 pm

no need to remove ahelps, just keep them for actually important shit that matters
ergo, nukie teammates killing eachother is good for an ahelp, as is niggas ahelping for someone just murderboning 4noraisin as an assistant. Just keep ahelps for actual important shit, not fights that had escalation but the loser got mad.