Post by Lunaman223 » October 13th, 2019, 12:15 pm

+1 maroon did a fucky wucky
DichardRick

Re: Maroonenahmoron - Complaint by DDPingy

Post by DichardRick » October 13th, 2019, 12:26 pm

Alureon wrote:
October 13th, 2019, 8:58 am
removed us from the round for good
You mean dying as the ghost role that reproduces itself ended your round FOR GOOD?
Xenon
Game Admin

Post by Xenon » October 13th, 2019, 1:16 pm

This is a valid complaint even if it is about ghost roles. Anyway, this complaint shows why we need DWARVES
VI SITTER HÄR I VENTEN OCH SPELAR LITE DOTA
gaylard
Game Admin

Post by gaylard » October 13th, 2019, 3:05 pm

oh darn, if only any actual discussion occurred when this complaint happened
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=1580
ddpingy

Post by ddpingy » October 13th, 2019, 8:28 pm

Yea, and all I ask is once you do have that discussion or come up with something concrete please for the love of god add it to the rules or post it somewhere. I just hate get bwoinked over unwritten, subjective rules. Its completely unavoidable.

P.S. Ashwalkers can also get tator objectives or become gang since they join mid-round with the new dynamic threat. That kinda heavily implies/requires going to the station, depending on how intentional that is. There have been at least two times I went to station as Ash Walker and got converted to gang, in which case I avoided hurting or sacrificing my own gang members even if I couldn't communicate with them.

Ghost roles are really fun and definitely not a mistake. The ONLY ones that are anti-crew are Ash Walkers. All the others are only allowed to act in self-defense according to admins previously. Ash Walkers are already severely handicapped (no weapons, can't avoid bleeding out on a pile of shards because no shoes, no clothes, amputations are permanent, no technology, can't speak common). Isn't that enough to keep them from being problematic? If you seriously have some kind of problem with Ash Walkers nerf them, but don't change the rules regarding them. I think they are fun as-is and something for the crew to hunt down/defend against that is more obvious on quieter rounds. Plus, it gives ghosts something to do rather than d/c or wait half an hour for a new round. And it already takes 15+ minutes just to GET to the station. Its very uncommon.
ddpingy

Post by ddpingy » October 14th, 2019, 1:24 am

Partially off-topic but possibly best place to ask: What is the deal with water vaping? I asked Memerino 5 days ago if janitors vaping the hallways makes them valid. I had confirmed this with a mentor and another admin, but only have pictures/logs of the chat with Memerino. I got randomly made the detective one round (I never play sec, engineering and atmos musta been filled completely). Some antag (never found out who) had killed someone and stolen some IDs. Was hunting him down, found an assistant wearing a gas mask and captains ID ordering weps from cargo. Shot them with rubbershots, found out it was actually the HoP in disguise. HoP flipped out even though I apologized for assuming the assistant ordering weps and running away was a baddie. Anyway, later the janitor is slipping everyone with water vape in every hallway even though the station is clean. People are calling for his head. I arrest the janitor since this is going to get people killed by the antag who has already killed at least one person, and I've seen rounds where a murderboner killed tons of people slipping on water vape by a griefing/clueless janitor. Or people burning to death as a janitor water-vapes in a plasma fire. Anyway. Point is, I was arresting the guy and stripping him (and going to take away his ID so he couldn't water vape easily anymore). During this HoP comes in, tazes me, releases the janitor, throws me in permabrig. Ignores me completely and never told me why.

Now, Zyzarda was on during the time so I ahelped. Zyzarda said it was fine because I shouldn't have been messing with the janitor, since water vaping the halls while an antag runs around doesn't make you valid. Regardless, I feel like its extremely dangerous and should at /least/ make you briggable, which is all I was doing. According to Memerino, I was under the impression I could straight up execute the janitor for water vaping since Memerino told me explicitly that water vaping the halls makes you valid. I thought I was doing him a favour by not just killing him on the spot, since I had previous admin confirmation I was allowed to do that.

^^ All that being said, while Zyzarda coulda been a lot nicer in the ahelp/more professional later in OOC Zyzarda was reasonable enough and got a headmin to confirm water vaping doesn't make you valid. I was considering making an admin complaint (not out of anger at Zyzarda per-se but just for clarification on water-vaping, or maybe even a ban request on the HoP for baiting me into shooting him and then using that as an excuse to permabrig me while he defended a valid) before Zyzarda responded in OOC. Now I'm not inclined to do that, but if water-vaping truly doesn't make you valid, I have a different request. I was given an extremely harsh note a year ago for slipping a detective who was (apparently) chasing a ling. I had no idea the guy was a ling because he was wearing sec outfit and the red ling arm blended in. I didn't examine the guy because I only saw him for a split second. I slipped the detective once, stole his baton and dragged him away. Then I realized him, unharmed and even gave his baton back. Now my question is: if the admins have decided water vaping (which very often leads to hazardous situations where people get killed by tators or die on their way to medbay or burn alive) is A-OKAY not valid-able behaviour, would it be okay for me to appeal that note? When I originally did, it got declined because I "helped an antag escape". Surely water vaping the halls while people die around you is worse than accidentally slipping a guy and letting him go completely unharmed?

I just want some consistency. If water vaping doesn't make you valid, the note threatening to ban me next time I slip the wrong person should be removed. If water vaping does make you valid, Zyzarda and the other admin need to know that and the HoP should be head-banned for a bit for permabrigging me for trying to arrest someone over creating a hazard in the halls.

Figured this was the best place to ask which route I should go; appeal the note from a year ago, or complaint about the HoP. Know this is a lot to read, and I want to re-iterate; while Zyzarda coulda been nicer about the whole thing I have no hard feelings against them and the only one who really was outta line here was the HoP.
Zyzarda

Post by Zyzarda » October 14th, 2019, 1:26 am

The note may not be valid now, but it could've been valid at the time. We change our rules somewhat frequently and as always its mostly determined by who the handling admin is. I would support a note removal for you since we don't follow slip = kill anymore.
fuck zyzarda
ddpingy

Post by ddpingy » October 24th, 2019, 7:00 pm

Yea, I think I should appeal again. All these water vapor griefing janitors trolling rounds wouldn't bug me so much if it were more consistent. Its like, I slip a guy and he goes free without being harmed = harsh note, ban threat from overzealous admin. Janitor slips 20+ people in a round while a guy in a nanosuit punches them to death? No, he's not valid. what

I don't blame anyone here for that, but these things need to be written out clearly.
KBB
Head Admin

Post by KBB » November 1st, 2019, 6:12 pm

I forgot to accept this after talkin with the staff.