Attempt to appeal a ban here.
carl321

GoodBoy

Post by carl321 » September 12th, 2019, 6:56 am

CKey: carl321
Character Name: Goodboy
Banning Admin: Manly Dwarf
Ban Date and Round ID: 19-09-12 - 44312
Ban Reason: metafriending (not metacoming tho)
Ban Type: 4ever
Ban Length: 4ever
Why should I be unbanned: well i didn't know metabudying was too harsh tbh we know metabuddying as knowing an ic character and just logically having played with it before, even tg serveres are less strict on this cs at the end well you just know sb ic what can you do, ignore it? anyways the point is that oof it wasn't metacoming i would never do that sorry for making a cqc cult at chapel and having it fully grown. i'd like to be ban reduced to less like a few days (':
NEDM

Re: GoodBoy

Post by NEDM » September 12th, 2019, 7:57 am

Sounds like unfair treatment, hope you get your sentence reduced.
KBB
Head Admin

Post by KBB » September 12th, 2019, 8:06 am

This is a horrible appeal but I'll give a response any ways since I expect a flood of +1s from GAs and the peanut gallery.

I warned you when I first placed you on thin ice for your generally griefy behavior to change your static off of Good Boy. Nearly everyone saw your character and your extremely noticeable style that made nearly everyone either attack you on sight or want to help you immediately with no questions asked. However it's a bit hard to distinguish if this is just general greytide or if it's because people know who you are. I know for certain some people metagrudge you, whereas others don't seem to want anything to do with you.
Instead you just continued doing what you were doing, same shitty reputation, same PvP gimmick, same people joining around helping you. At least the grief is somewhat toned down. As for the people helping you, again, I can't tell if it's just because you play Assistant and tend to greytide (and when does a grey NOT help another grey) until Fureddji decides to come along and do some of the least subtle metabuddying I had seen in a very long time and pitches you an idea in deadchat that you both agree to do next round and follow it through. At that point, I placed the ban.
The CQC Cult was exactly that, a cult. A bunch of players who knew you and hated you or wanted to fight you every round and basically didn't do much more. I don't have a problem with this on principle, we used to have a gym in that area for the same purpose of people beating each other up any way. Though plenty of people also hate you because straying into the Chapel at all generally resulted in you jumping them and tabling them for twenty minutes, with your excuse being that you said the Chapel was solely for CQC. It becomes a problem when people start metabuddying with you and when you don't seem to care about it, on top of having been already thin-iced for being a generally griefy player.
even tg serveres are less strict on this cs at the end well you just know sb ic what can you d
Straight from tgstation's rules
Characters are otherwise allowed to know everything about ingame mechanics or antagonists, as well as keep persistent friendships or relationships with other characters when not for the purpose of unfair advantage by teaming up together for little IC reason.
And you wonder why their server sucks so much chode when they outright enable metafriending, it's almost like they WANTED catgirl cliques? By the way, yes, they ban metagrudging but not metafriending.
We don't do that over here since we don't want faggotsquads, and it's outright said in the rules that meta rules will be dealt with particularly severely. HippieStation's metasquads, such as the moths, weren't exactly star players so I don't expect this to change any time soon. That or we can do without the meta rules entirely and go full PP Station, allowing metagrudging so people can and will kill you on sight if you stole their shoes last round.

Basically no. You were warned about the metabuddying/grudging surrounding you, chose to do nothing about it, and then you got smacked for metabuddying. I don't know what you expected.
NEDM wrote:
September 12th, 2019, 7:57 am
Account was created today, barely even 15 minutes ago, and already shilling on Carl321's ban appeal. Peanut gallery beat me to the punch.
Turret
Game Admin

Post by Turret » September 12th, 2019, 8:21 am

thefastfoodguy_2

Post by thefastfoodguy_2 » September 12th, 2019, 10:00 am

Good Boy, you're not cool, you're not clever, and you're not funny for doing that. Kill yourself.
Lunaman223
Babymin

Post by Lunaman223 » September 12th, 2019, 12:03 pm

i'm against permas as a concept but you deserve at least a month server ban. You're the worst player we have on board, worse than even Kiefer because he was at least funny. You literally do the same thing every round, dress in the same way, table people for 20 hours and kill people 4noraisin.
Stop playing with your nigger static, stop acting like a retard, stop doing le pvp meme.
-1 for unbanning, +1 for reduction to at least a month and an appearance and name perma.
enthethan

Post by enthethan » September 12th, 2019, 12:26 pm

Lunaman223 wrote:
September 12th, 2019, 12:03 pm
i'm against permas as a concept but you deserve at least a month server ban. You're the worst player we have on board, worse than even Kiefer because he was at least funny. You literally do the same thing every round, dress in the same way, table people for 20 hours and kill people 4noraisin.
Stop playing with your nigger static, stop acting like a retard, stop doing le pvp meme.
-1 for unbanning, +1 for reduction to at least a month and an appearance and name perma.
Eh, the appearence ban kiefer got didnt really keep players from finding out who he was because you cant ban someones playstyle unless its literal griefing
NEDM

Post by NEDM » September 12th, 2019, 3:07 pm

NEDM wrote:
September 12th, 2019, 7:57 am
KBB wrote:
September 12th, 2019, 8:06 am
Account was created today, barely even 15 minutes ago, and already shilling on Carl321's ban appeal. Peanut gallery beat me to the punch.
I've played on Hippie for some months, and this was really the only post I've ever wanted to contribute to, so I created an account.
He once broke into Kitchen while I was playing Chef and CQC challenged me, and I'm STILL siding with him.
carl321

Post by carl321 » September 12th, 2019, 4:59 pm

I no longer table people not even disarm unless i'm antag, i defend myself or i challege/get challenged by somebody. you can ask many players and they will tell you that i no longer have that attitude
The pvp thing is for people who are bored at some point and just wanna train/git gud cs there isn't a PVP department on the station if you don't like it just ignore it its not like i spam it
the ban was just for being a bro and bro playing
Space Slug

Post by Space Slug » September 12th, 2019, 7:50 pm

Giant nerd you metafriended and killed two antags doing that you actual scumlord -1 for unbanning +1 for banning for 2-3 months (Also horrid appeal writing)