Omnitricks Ban by Thebiggestboss1234

omnitricks

Omnitricks Ban by Thebiggestboss1234

Post by omnitricks » July 12th, 2019, 9:27 pm

CKey: Omnitricks
Character Name: Some Scientist
Banning Admin: Thebiggestboss1234
Ban Date and Round ID: Can't pull it up because I have difficulty even getting in the server
Ban Reason: Same as the above
Ban Type: Ban
Ban Length: Two days
Why should I be unbanned: Because Thebiggestboss1234 is honestly a dumb trial who doesn't even investigate properly.

The two people I bombed are confirmed cultists. 1. I saw them murdering the clown. 2. Because they thought I was afk at the time, I technically was semi afk so I was left there for quite a while and didn't move even with the murder, they discussed openly about converting the clown they murdered. 3. I alerted the AI of this and the possibility they were cultists due to their method of conversion (they needed more than one to convert and also didn't mind their convert was a corpse) 4. The AI confirmed to me they were cultists and the location of their cult base. We were communicating through PDAs even with the Warden so I bet the cultists weren't even aware that we knew.

Tl: dr; they were confirmed antags, I was justified even with a pathetic exploding lance (not even using large beaker nades, just normal beakers which would be enough to take out at least the target so I wouldn't be outnumbered because the warden refused to roll with me) Thebiggestboss1234 pretty much is piss poor in making any investigations and pretty much banned a player for acting against confirmed antags which also makes me doubt he had any legitimate reason to make the ban. Maybe someone should look into whether or not he was one of the cultists affected or they are some of his buds.
Xenon
Game Master

Re: Omnitricks Ban by Thebiggestboss1234

Post by Xenon » July 12th, 2019, 9:35 pm

You need to tell us the round ID if you want us to investigate. Logs barely work as is
VI SITTER HÄR I VENTEN OCH SPELAR LITE DOTA
Mideanon
Game Admin

Post by Mideanon » July 12th, 2019, 9:36 pm

Ban reason: Bombed medbay to kill cultist, killed 2 non-antags in the process.
Ban type: 2 days server
round ID 42186
omnitricks

Post by omnitricks » July 12th, 2019, 9:38 pm

I can't even get into the server screen unfortunately. Even the ban reason screen flashes on for about 10 seconds before turning into a byond splash screen so I can only get the ban duration and the banning admin.

I've been having this problem since that round when I crashed out and was unable to relog so I know I at least have told thebiggestboss that the two were confirmed cultists.
thebiggestboss
Game Admin

Post by thebiggestboss » July 12th, 2019, 9:40 pm

I am trying to get to the logs, but two non antags were killed as a result of you bombing medbay, and you are still responsible over non antag deaths if you bomb somewhere no matter your intentions.

I will try to find what round it was and I'll link to the logs when I find them.
omnitricks

Post by omnitricks » July 12th, 2019, 9:48 pm

There were no other people in the medbay storage when I did toss the lance into it. Just the two confirmed. So if any idiot walks into the storage after that, I wouldn't be responsible because the danger would have been obvious and I don't even think that was the issue because you've been on my ass before that.

Not to mention the only other casualty, other than me and the scientist, was the bartender who immediately slipped me when I was trying to deal with the cultists. At which point he did die to an explosion, just not because of me. Why? Because the lance I tossed at the cultists didn't trigger (hence my need to run when I failed and which was also when I was slipped by the bartender) Genius cultist scientist then charged at me with the exploding lance and then triggered the explosion instead.

Tl: dr; even if there was an explosion which killed non antags, It wasn't my fault since I made sure my targets were isolated. It was my target which did bomb non antags instead although the bartender being an antag or not is still unknown to me since he did try to slip me fnr when I was trying to deal with the cultists. And the bartender was the only other person there other than the two confirmed so you saying its two days because I got two non antags is absolute bullshit is proof enough you aren't doing your job/investigations properly as an admin.
Lunaman223
Babymin

Post by Lunaman223 » July 12th, 2019, 9:53 pm

now this is my own jackass dumbdick nigger opinion but i was in a similar situation once. maxcapped medbay because i was getting cucked in half by a vampire and people weren't helping me. i killed like 2 tards that weren't antags, admin online said that they deserved it for not getting outta there. since this is cult and is way more of a threat than vamp can ever be, i see this as valid since he did get the culters.
omnitricks

Post by omnitricks » July 12th, 2019, 9:59 pm

Lunaman223 wrote:
July 12th, 2019, 9:53 pm
now this is my own jackass dumbdick nigger opinion but i was in a similar situation once. maxcapped medbay because i was getting cucked in half by a vampire and people weren't helping me. i killed like 2 tards that weren't antags, admin online said that they deserved it for not getting outta there. since this is cult and is way more of a threat than vamp can ever be, i see this as valid since he did get the culters.
Just going to add on the radius of the blast and such, 50/50 pot nades on an exploding lance is still trash and only capable of neutralizing a target because it at least will crit if it isn't an outright kill even on a target. The result is normally a toss up for some reason. Even 100/100 nades aren't that good either since they only gib the tile they are activated on, adjacent would still leave a corpse behind for cloning. So anyone killed even by an errant 50/50 pot nade blast would have to be really near to it.
Mideanon
Game Admin

Post by Mideanon » July 12th, 2019, 10:07 pm

I gotta applaud you
Killing 4 people with a potassium nade is quite the achievement
+1
Lxtoofonea
Game Admin

Post by Lxtoofonea » July 12th, 2019, 11:06 pm

-1 dont bomb shit as a non antag unless it's a last resort