The Good, The Bad, and the Grey (SECURITY UPDATE)

Spessmens go here
2bubberducky2

Re: The Good, The Bad, and the Grey (SECURITY UPDATE)

Post by 2bubberducky2 » June 13th, 2019, 4:39 pm

this gives me an erection
Axanthic

Re: The Good, The Bad, and the Grey (SECURITY UPDATE)

Post by Axanthic » June 16th, 2019, 9:38 am

Would it be possible to elaborate more on the following?

-forcefield generator
-Brigsphere
-Taser's disabler setting change

Main changes that concern me are in regards to the massive maps changes perhaps you can share what the layout of these will look like?

I like the ideas behind this for sure, I think the main problems sec are
-The disproportionately large target on your back in relation to the gear sec gets.
I.e Taser, laser gun, riot slugs all take multiple shots where as chemist can shoot you once with a syringe gun and kill you.

-Admin hover
Anything that you do as sec will need to be justified to an admin after someone complains. I've had many rounds where I'm a lone officer following space law and have to spend more of the round justifying my actions as opposed to playing the game. It fuckin sucks.

-Typically returning fire as opposed to opening fire.

I've thought about this a bit and here are the solutions I've thought of:

In theory think that more defense is the solution for sec, but at the same time I wouldn't want antags to have these tools.

Better logging and such for sec.

Use of force authorized for sec. Non-lethal has such significant disadvantages. I feel like any crimes during red alert should allow lethal force. So I'm thinking, lethal force with some way to clone so you can then interrogate them.

Crime timers, I think ontop of being able to manually put in what time you want for cells there should also be presets - I.e button for breaking and entering = 1 min. Think perhaps these will prevent stupid long timers.

Some sort of crime reporting, perhaps if cameras detect unauthorized access or violence it notifies sec?

Maybe some sort of map for sec to track each other so they can better black each other up or save each other when in need?

My ideas probably suck but hey, worst case just add more beepsky.