MrHardDrive - Admin Application

MrHardDrive

MrHardDrive - Admin Application

Post by MrHardDrive » February 13th, 2019, 12:41 am

Name(s) (ckey, discord name, ingame name too if you staticname): MrHardDrive, Jeg Cheg

Timezone: CST

Languages Spoken: English, non-fluent German

How long have you played on hippie?: Joined mid-2016, played for what I remember to be several months off and on and then stopped around the time there was a UI change due to time constraints. Came back a few weeks ago and have already re-learned everything and gotten into it again.

What brought you to hippie?: Saw in my recommended section on of Hippie's youtube vids, installed BYOND and only played on Hippie after playing on a couple other servers to avoid the furry tide.

Why do you want to become admin?: I believe it will not only be an enjoyable thing for me to do, but it will give me some more experience in administration and what comes along with it, as well as helping to secure a longer lasting future for this game and the Hippie community. I also want to become admin because though the staff is and has been mostly very responsive to ahelps while Ive been playing, it's mainly been one or two of the same people and I would hope to help fill in the gaps a little as well when no staff is on. I think that overall it will also be a good learning experience too.

Any previous admin apps or experience?: None on Hippie or SS13 for that matter. I helped with a group of friends to manage a Discord server of several hundred people, however (the name of the "community" is Synergyst, which is now much smaller and semi-innactive) so I have knowledge into how to deal with issues requiring higher power to some degree.

Any additional information: I was banned once for a week because I killed someone trying to jump into the kitchen with the shutters. I try my best to learn from my mistakes, and haven't/will never do it again. I also made sure before I got into this game again that I read the rules, and then read them again after a week of playing. About to read them again after submitting this application. Oh yeah, also time constraints with school and things outside of it will most likely limit the time I can spend during the week here, however if accepted I will try my best to. I also hope to help keep the wiki up to date with my knowledge to the best of my ability, still waiting on carbon to fix it so I can confirm my email >:(

Also https://forums.synergyst.club/ - here lies the dead forms for the community that no one ever used because most of the projects started on the server were created by one coder who didn't finish anything, if you're reading this love you papi <3

Videos showing robustness: No videos, but I out robusted Kiefer once as sec so that may count for something
Xenon
Game Master

Re: MrHardDrive - Admin Application

Post by Xenon » February 13th, 2019, 2:39 pm

Staying neutral
VI SITTER HÄR I VENTEN OCH SPELAR LITE DOTA
DeltaFire
Game Admin

Post by DeltaFire » February 13th, 2019, 3:02 pm

Neutral for now (Don't think I really noticed you before)
MrHardDrive

Post by MrHardDrive » February 15th, 2019, 11:21 pm

Would it be a good idea to apply for mentorship first? It looks to me like my lack of any previous admin experience on SS13 plus not being well known here might make it a better idea to apply for mentor rather than applying for admin right away
Last edited by MrHardDrive on February 16th, 2019, 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
QuarianCommando

Post by QuarianCommando » February 15th, 2019, 11:54 pm

-1 we have a full admin team, along with a full team worth of inactive admins.
The Meat Man
Game Master

Post by The Meat Man » February 18th, 2019, 5:50 pm

MrHardDrive wrote:
February 15th, 2019, 11:21 pm
Would it be a good idea to apply for mentorship first? It looks to me like my lack of any previous admin experience on SS13 plus not being well known here might make it a better idea to apply for mentor rather than applying for admin right away
Not really, it just helps with being known, and allows us to have a better idea of how you would act given nore responsibilities.
That being said, i dont see you enough to give a good opinion. If i see you on, i might be willing to trial you
Yske

Post by Yske » February 21st, 2019, 5:13 am

-1. Not seen you around.
Carbonhell
Head Admin

Post by Carbonhell » March 1st, 2019, 1:33 am

QuarianCommando wrote:
February 15th, 2019, 11:54 pm
-1 we have a full admin team, along with a full team worth of inactive admins.
what?? we need more admins
Carbonhell
Head Admin

Post by Carbonhell » March 1st, 2019, 1:34 am

Yske wrote:
February 21st, 2019, 5:13 am
-1. Not seen you around.
He has 135 connections in the last 30 days, did noone see him play? Maybe he just doesn't stand out very well, but that's not necessarily bad
MrHardDrive

Post by MrHardDrive » March 1st, 2019, 11:36 pm

Carbonhell wrote:
March 1st, 2019, 1:34 am
Yske wrote:
February 21st, 2019, 5:13 am
-1. Not seen you around.
He has 135 connections in the last 30 days, did noone see him play? Maybe he just doesn't stand out very well, but that's not necessarily bad
To be fair I haven't seen Yske or The Meat Man on while I've been on. Not to say they haven't been, but that could be part of it