Nathanel13 complaint by danhibiki

Submit a complaint about an administrator here.
Dan Hibiki

Re: Nathanel13 complaint by danhibiki

Post by Dan Hibiki » August 30th, 2019, 11:53 pm

Dropping a pod on me, which instantly caught me on fire, which I had to resist to kill the fire stacks and got a couple free pummels from a gorilla, is not a trite interaction. If you were following him the whole time, you would know that before he even got into brig, while he was in court room, I told him to not break into brig, and that I was going to be using the bomb suit, as I was a victim of what I presumed was a traitor's bomb that nearly killed me and the warden. Instead of blasting me to death with adminbus, why not just spawn him a suit? You were OK with taking a player out of the round for acting within the bounds of his role, but you aren't OK with spawning a simple item that the chaplain wanted?

And yeah, I raged ICly, maybe its because it seems like every admin in high pop time does some really stupid bussing. Is it really hard to assume the admin gave some static namer preferential treatment, especially considering by his own admission in this post he didn't even know who I was either? I'm not saying he targetted me, I'm saying if anyone else was being arrested, he wouldn't have done it. And he didn't do it out of a call out by the chaplain, he did it by his own motivation.
Nathanel13
Head Admin

Post by Nathanel13 » August 30th, 2019, 11:59 pm

I'm not going to justify the pod dropping on you for Chaplain/god gimmicks, but you were dead for 30 seconds to a minute if even, were you not? You were "out of the round" for an extremely minimal amount of time.

I was following Chaplain, yes, but I wasn't reading every line of your conversation, no. I had other tickets, and other conversations going through my window. When I refocused on what was happening, I saw Chaplain in his time of need, and decided a temporary act of god would not do an extremely large amount of harm. Apparently I was wrong? This whole interaction, from the pod, to you reviving was an extremely short amount of time, I didn't think it would have that large of an impact on you to be honest.

Edit: Wait, is that the same guy that you had issues with before, being teleported out of the jail cell? LOL, okay, that makes WAY more sense. Obviously you will think what you will, but I seriously didn't even check either of your ckeys or ic names. I just saw you dicking up chaplain gimmicks and shot you with a pod. If it were a different person/job doing a different gimmick I would have likely done the same depending on how original the gimmick was.
Xenon
Game Master

Post by Xenon » August 31st, 2019, 12:00 am

-1. This complaint is stupid. You did not die to the gorilla.
VI SITTER HÄR I VENTEN OCH SPELAR LITE DOTA
Dan Hibiki

Post by Dan Hibiki » August 31st, 2019, 12:02 am

Keep in mind I was brigging him for three minutes, and I only told him I was going to give him longer because the chaplain intentionally did not put on his internals so I would have to baby sit him and save him. He even told me that he did it to see if I would save him, which I did.

And your right, I was only dead for a fraction of a minute, but I can only assume I was dead for that short period of time because I made an ahelp about it. If I hadn't you'd have felt that you did an alright job.

I most certainly did die. I would like for the admins to post the logs of the round as statbus itself is not recording the round. The logs should be retrievable from the box itself. I was being more than fair to the chaplain, and for bus to come in justbecause is a silly principle.
Dan Hibiki

Post by Dan Hibiki » August 31st, 2019, 12:04 am

Nathanel13 wrote:
August 30th, 2019, 11:59 pm
Edit: Wait, is that the same guy that you had issues with before, being teleported out of the jail cell? LOL, okay, that makes WAY more sense. Obviously you will think what you will, but I seriously didn't even check either of your ckeys or ic names. I just saw you dicking up chaplain gimmicks and shot you with a pod. If it were a different person/job doing a different gimmick I would have likely done the same depending on how original the gimmick was.
No, I haven't had any notable interaction with Punished David Bowie before this.
Nathanel13
Head Admin

Post by Nathanel13 » August 31st, 2019, 12:06 am

I can confirm that you did die/succumb because of the gorilla, and we both agree it was a fraction of a minute that you were dead if even.

I would have healed you after, I strongly dislike permanently removing people from the round. You might have been fair to the Chaplain, but as the Chaplains omnipresent god I thought it was kind of lame that you were being such a stickler about it so I shot you with a pod.

I'm not sure what to say to you man, it was indeed adminbus, but I genuinely thought that it was extremely minor and would not impact you or the others around or the round much at all to be honest.
Dan Hibiki

Post by Dan Hibiki » August 31st, 2019, 12:07 am

It sets a terrible precedent if when I stop the chaplain from breaking into brig, I have the potential to get totally dunked to the point of death.
KBB
Head Admin

Post by KBB » August 31st, 2019, 12:11 am

I generally agree that you shouldn't be annoying Security too much, their job is already AIDS enough with getting bwoinked every time they brig a guy because of some whiny greytiding retard. If sec is being shit then I wouldn't mind it as much but just for brigging the Chaplain? Did the Chaplain escape or did everything return to normal?
Honestly not a huge deal either way but I'd honestly advise that admins don't start messing with Sec too much regardless of how this complaint turns out.
Nathanel13
Head Admin

Post by Nathanel13 » August 31st, 2019, 12:12 am

In my defence, the potential to get dunked on in the server should always be assumed. I really think that's a given for us LOL. With that said, I made sure to heal you right after, and if you had prayed to the God of Shitcurity or something I would've ate that up. This wasn't random willy nilly adminbus because "whynot", I saw a player doing some cool fun gimmicks and not powergaming and decided to throw him a bone.

@KBB
It wasn't punishment for brigging Chaplain it was more like a small reward for Chap for actually doing something interesting. I love when players do little gimmicks in game that aren't centered around powergaming and are more for good fun.

Chaplain escaped for a sec and Dan easily recaptured him iirc. Shuttle then arrived.
Turret
Game Admin

Post by Turret » September 9th, 2019, 7:14 pm

Neutral.