Omnitricks ban request by Yobihodazine

Tranquill
Game Admin

Re: Omnitricks ban request by Yobihodazine

Post by Tranquill » October 10th, 2018, 3:05 pm

A lot of 'he said, she said' shit, what Quarian said.
EagleEyes
Game Master

Post by EagleEyes » October 10th, 2018, 3:38 pm

Omni killed a guy for stunning him and searching his backpack, which yobi had the right to do as captain. Dont matter if he didnt say he was captain, security and cap dont have to say anything. Also It tells you who the captain is in the beginning of the round. Furthermore You cant kill a man for searching you anyway even if it was a rando. +1
I am just a floating pair of Eagle's eyes that blink really fast to communicate
yobihodazine

Post by yobihodazine » October 10th, 2018, 5:34 pm

QuarianCommando wrote:
October 10th, 2018, 2:53 pm
-1 this just sounds like two borderline griefers borderline griefing each other, then one of them getting salty and ahelping.
Jesus christ, can you fucking read? I hate to see the results of any admin who thinks stunning and searching is borderline grief. Same goes for you tranquill.
omnitricks

Post by omnitricks » October 10th, 2018, 7:24 pm

EagleEyes wrote:
October 10th, 2018, 3:38 pm
Omni killed a guy for stunning him and searching his backpack, which yobi had the right to do as captain. Dont matter if he didnt say he was captain, security and cap dont have to say anything. Also It tells you who the captain is in the beginning of the round. Furthermore You cant kill a man for searching you anyway even if it was a rando. +1
Yobi neither introduced himself as a captain nor was he actually wearing his captain uniform therefore there is no way of telling if he is the captain hence to any observer, he did not have the "right" of a captain at all. As I've mentioned before, I stuffed his body in cloning without even taking anything off him, clothes included and from what he has already mentioned in this thread on the "genetics" clothes, I presume he chose not to wear his captain clothes so he can get the drop on whoever he wants to, believing his rank as a captain which no one would be able to recognize would be able to protect him especially though admin protection.

It was his choice which makes it unreasonable to be afforded any protection from his rank alone in this situation.

I also did not kill him for searching. I killed him for an uncalled for, unprovoked attack on my person. This is established through lethal intent in which he stunned and begun to strip me (hence him activating my bomb) and regardless of me dying or not, lethal intent still stands. Again, there was no sign he was a captain at all, whether this was his intent or not when he chose to not wear his uniform doesn't matter, lethal intent in this instance is assumed and has carried forward after I was cloned and he can enjoy no "sec" protection because he has no appearance of sec.

There is a precedent for this in an incident of a few months back involving a sec officer who disguised himself as an assistant to get the drop on people. Something which Yobi too has chosen to do with his geneticist stint therefore he too should not enjoy protection for a risk he has willingly chosen to take to reap the benefits (a.k.a. getting the drop on people)

On EagleEyes suggestion that I should know who the captain was, please. No one ever memorizes the captain's name. In fact people refer to jobs (captain, roboticist, bartender, Mime, etc.)more than names unless the name is an important method to distinguish, like a greyshirt out of the masses. The captain being a very specific job means people identify him only as captain and never by name. Therefore I would be unable to identify that Yobi was captain at all because he chose to not wear his uniform.

And for another predecent which also happened this month which was ruled IC, I a captain was allowed to be killed by a HoP who "doesn't care" despite me telling him I was the captain and to check the manifest (something which Yobi didn't choose to do here, to identify himself) after a series of events in which I killed and cremated someone who killed me which triggered a bunch of validhunters to hunt me down for the remainder of the round. Like the HoP, said validhunters were also given a free pass to kill me (IC issue again) because despite me being the captain, I was not wearing the captain's clothes (I was wearing mime clothes I found on the ground) so no one could identify me as the captain. Hell even the officer protecting me because he actually checked the manifest was kileld and no one got into trouble for it because IC. Same should apply to Yobi here.

As far as I'm concerned, my story matches up and I've been incredibly passive and defensive in this round until I was forced to act for my own safety. Log diving can confirm at the very least I did not act antagonistically to anyone and was actually quite benevolent, even to Yobi until he decided to fuck up. In this round alone I;

Upgraded science, cloning and cargo. (as I usually do)
Went out of my way corpse hunting (including Yobi) This can be confirmed with any logged act of my with the crew monitor in medbay and then the taking of the pinpointer to locate bodies.
Taking Yobi's body to cloning without even taking his shit despite his assertions that I did to make me valid to him (again this can be confirmed with interactions that I have not taken anything from him, even his clothes which he chose not to wear)
Stopping the tator (in which I left him up to the cargo tech he victimized. The only thing I took out of that, if any at all, was the emag and only for 5 seconds while I emagged the cargo consoles and clown car and then left it on the ground again)
Then I went to search for the HoP body based on the last sighting of the tator since he didn't max sensors. This can be confirmed by chat logs where I was giving a report on what I thought happened to the HoP body and went to check the gibber and cremator.

Meanwhile what did Yobi do? Join as captain and go afk so he could get killed immediately by a tator which enjoyed his all access to terrorize the station. His corpse remained in a maint tunnel which would have stayed there until the end of the round if not for me. What did Yobi choose to do after being cloned? Why, go after the person which cloned him of course because he is a dirtbag antisocial scum which couldn't even communicate properly and wants to feel "robust" but go crying to admins at his first opportunity after getting the consequence to an incident he instigated. He also tried to get the shuttle force called because in his own head, he lost the round. The latter taken with his afking as a head after joining sounds a lot like incompetence by the rules.

Which speaking of, act as an antag get treated as one. Remember that? I was going to take him to medbay to be healed, morphined and straightjacketed but the fire shutters were down so may as well keep him out after he succumbed. Someone may say I could have cuffed him but him missing an arm made it impossible to apprehend him (again as my assailant) non-lethally so I did have an exception to use the means I did to protect myself from someone I believed was a danger to me after a random attack of his.

Anyway, talk about no good deed going unpunished since cloning him actually gave me more problems than it should have.
yobihodazine

Post by yobihodazine » October 10th, 2018, 8:03 pm

You were wearing captain's parade outfit, which means I couldn't get at your ID or pockets without removing it. So saying a stun+strip backpack/outerwear is lethal intent is ridiculous.

You act like you know what I did, but I joined, walked around, looked away for a few seconds and immediately died. You're right I always try to grief the people who clone me. /sarcasm

I blew myself up by accident on YOUR backpack bomb, then you came back later and killed me for "attacking" you. Whatever. I can see you still haven't learned to speak succinctly.
EagleEyes
Game Master

Post by EagleEyes » October 11th, 2018, 2:24 pm

omnitricks wrote:
October 10th, 2018, 7:24 pm
On EagleEyes suggestion that I should know who the captain was, please. No one ever memorizes the captain's name. In fact people refer to jobs (captain, roboticist, bartender, Mime, etc.)more than names unless the name is an important method to distinguish, like a greyshirt out of the masses. The captain being a very specific job means people identify him only as captain and never by name. Therefore I would be unable to identify that Yobi was captain at all because he chose to not wear his uniform.
im not saying that people memorize the captains name, but this is info given to you at round start. Also it can just as easily be found by looking at your PDA. saying "i didnt know he was the captain" doesnt give you the go ahead to kill someone searching you because of info you failed to read. Saying he isnt captain just because he didnt wear his uniform is the dumbest thing ive ever heard. if you are just cloned as the captain , like yobi was, and your outfit is now gone does that mean you arent the captain anymore? no it doesnt because the job is by name not by clothing
I am just a floating pair of Eagle's eyes that blink really fast to communicate
GuyonBroadway
Maintainer

Post by GuyonBroadway » October 12th, 2018, 6:47 am

Not to mention that if a captain latejoins you get a big fucking

ATTENTION: CAPTAIN [namehere] ON DECK.

So there's no excuse for not knowing who the captain is.
Zyzarda
Game Admin

Post by Zyzarda » October 27th, 2018, 10:53 pm

-1 IC nonsense.
Maybe she doesn't realize she isn't real. What is it do you think that normal people do?
yobihodazine

Post by yobihodazine » October 28th, 2018, 12:45 pm

Zyzarda wrote:
October 27th, 2018, 10:53 pm
-1 IC nonsense.
how is that?
Xenon
Game Admin

Post by Xenon » November 3rd, 2018, 5:19 pm

Denied