Ban appeal for a catban.

JerichoCaine

Ban appeal for a catban.

Post by JerichoCaine » January 6th, 2019, 7:20 pm

CKey: JerichoCaine
Character Name:Kate Barker
Banning Admin: TheMeatGod
Ban Date and Round ID: 35778, 06/01/18
Ban Reason: Killing the HOS when a prisoner shouted that he was a "confirmed ling"
Ban Type: cat ban
Ban Length: 1440 minutes (1 day)
Why should I be unbanned: Basically, what happened was I joined as the detective and heard pretty quickly that there was a possible ling and people were trying to do bloodtests in order to prove whether someone is innocent or guilty. As I was in my office, I hear someone called John Weaselburg screaming for help saying that the HOS is a confirmed ling and has kidnapped him and is trying to kill him, so naturally I run over to sec, not wanting the ling to kill someone and potentially switch identies and become a massive bitch to find again, ran in and shot the hos to death the moment I saw him. Now, like the admin said, I could have stunned the HOS and cuffed him and found out if he was a ling that way, however. In reality, the ling is always capable of fleshmending or using the adrenaline gland ability to instantly get back up and armblade you to death as i've experienced in the past, and considering that people had already been screaming that the HOS is a confirmed ling, I didn't want to take any chances.

After I realised that this John Weaselburg was full of shit and the HOS wasn't a ling, I instantly started trying to revive him. My point is in all this, is I don't understand how I can be blamed for killing the HOS as if i've done it in a griefy way due to not being an antag myself, when people literally screamed that he was a "confirmed ling". If anything they should be the ones being punished for getting people killed that way without being an antag themselves? Not to mention aswell that lings are very fucking powerful, with a traitor I could potentially stun them and keep them restrained or even a cultist, but a ling can always fleshmend/break out of restraints/adrenaline gland and then armblade your ass to death. I've had previous rounds where I had to shoot down a ling 3 times in a row and was near crit by the end of it because the ling kept getting back up everytime I shot it down with the revolver as a detective because I hadn't killed it off straight away, how am I meant to take my chances with something that potentially dangerous?

I think this ban was unfair, and that meatgod did not consider all the facts correctly and focused on the fact that I killed a non-antag as a non-antag, when I believe there are perfectly understandable explanations for why reacted the way I did.
fake_h

Re: Ban appeal for a catban.

Post by fake_h » January 6th, 2019, 7:21 pm

-1 >ban appealing a 1 day catban
(For the record. Success = essential genocide or greentext)
Successful BM Speedwagon rounds: 2
Successful Conjure Bees rounds: 1
Successful Badass Syndie/Balloon rounds: 1

Total Server Permabans: 8
JerichoCaine

Post by JerichoCaine » January 6th, 2019, 8:07 pm

fake_h wrote:
January 6th, 2019, 7:21 pm
-1 >ban appealing a 1 day catban
Ah yes, you should just let potentially unfair bans be allowed so that the admins can't learn from their potential mistakes. You're clever. Allow me to also refer you to here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=516 - Don't reply on ban appeal topics you aren't involved in and have nothing valuable to contribute to
EagleEyes
Game Admin

Post by EagleEyes » January 6th, 2019, 9:42 pm

-1 i feel the punishment is fair for what you did. even if it was not in a griefy manner, you had plenty of ways to stun the hos first or at least crit him and then arrest him. also you cannot trust everything you hear on the internet. you gotta use your own noggin as well to figure out whats really going on.
I am just a floating pair of Eagle's eyes that blink really fast to communicate
Xenon
Game Master

Post by Xenon » January 7th, 2019, 12:04 am

-1. I think that this is an okay punishment for what you did. Even if you didn't have any malicious intent, you did make a mistake. Now you must take responsibility for it
VI SITTER HÄR I VENTEN OCH SPELAR LITE DOTA
omnitricks

Post by omnitricks » January 7th, 2019, 6:42 am

I'm mime in this round and also the ling who took full advantage of the tiders' chaos.

I'd like to add eventhough early game I was exposed/suspected as a long the tiders' chose to conveniently forget about it in order to make false calls of the HoS.

HoS was called out as a long by one person and then parroted by at least two other tiders' which would have been enough to convince the detective the cries were legit. Det not trying to stun the ling HoS aside, isn't it common practice to ban fake antag claims which results in the victims death? So shouldn't the false callers be subject to the ban as well at least?

Not to mention in the previous round (which I was vampire) these were the same tiders' revolting/mutinying the captain until (I believe he was dead because he no longer bitched about it)

Isnt it more concerning that these tiders' are doing all they can to cause the deaths of head positions just to get AA/access to the armoury than the Det being banned for wrongfully killing a HoS based on false information from multiple accounts by them? This is like punishing the wrong party.
The Meat Man
Game Admin

Post by The Meat Man » January 7th, 2019, 7:03 am

omnitricks wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 6:42 am
Det not trying to stun the ling HoS aside, isn't it common practice to ban fake antag claims which results in the victims death? So shouldn't the false callers be subject to the ban as well at least?
The person who screamed the HoS was a ling was already dealt with
Xenon
Game Master

Post by Xenon » January 13th, 2019, 5:57 pm

Denied
VI SITTER HÄR I VENTEN OCH SPELAR LITE DOTA