[NonCancerAlias] [2 week job ban] by [Manly Dwarf]

NonCancerAlias

[NonCancerAlias] [2 week job ban] by [Manly Dwarf]

Post by NonCancerAlias » August 5th, 2019, 9:30 pm

CKey: [NonCancerAlias]
Character Name: [Scruffy Incarnate]
Banning Admin: [Manly Dwarf]
Ban Date and Round ID: [2019-08-03 00:49:34 42933]
Ban Reason: [Keeps setting himself on fire in crowds as a Shaft Miner, resulting in him critting random innocent people (like a medical doctor) or even his own teammates. Does this every time. When I told him to fuck off, he called me salty. Clearly does not care.]
Ban Type: [jobban]
Ban Length: [2 weeks]
Why should I be unbanned: [I believe this was an unfair misunderstanding and would like to clear up some blurs that resulted in less than desirable outcomes. I was doing my regular power-gaming regimen as a shaft miner, killing the hierophant along with two ash drakes I managed to locate. One of the drake kills provided me with a spellbook that allows you to self-ignite, after I couldn't find any bosses. I instead decided to head back to the station and maybe stop some of the chaos that always leads to its destruction. Shortly after arriving at the station I boarded the emergency shuttle and got converted to a hivemind, wanting to protect the goals of my team of antagonists I decided to fight the few people on the shuttle not assimilated to the hivemind using my self-ignition spell. When using the spell I took caution not to ignite any team members but that's only an inevitability, the point of using the spell is to light the non-converted person running around on the shuttle evading attacks because if he's on fire he'll have to take the time to put himself out allowing us to effectively lynch him or if he doesn't he'll burn to death. but hey what if I light a teammate on fire? if you get lit on fire it's not hard to put your self out the reason it works on my target is the fact that he doesn't have time to extinguish himself (furthermore I used two of my last regeneration cores on teammates who (somehow) didn't manage to put themselves out {"data":{"/obj/item/organ/regenerative_core/legion":{"stabilizer":3,"used":{"self":3,"other":2[/color]}}}}). however around the time all threats to the hivemind were dealt with I was admin pm'd by Manly Dwarf, his message "hey I don't care if you have mining loot don't light your own teammates on fire" a reasonable request. Although in my eyes it was lined with a salty undertone. So I did what no one or anyone would have done depending on your perspective, I called him salty before trying to explain the situation. and much to my surprise the "after" never came for me to explain the situation, not expecting how "negatively" he would have responded to something like that (because he's a headmin). I didn't have a chance to explain my predicament before the gun was jumped and I was dished out a harsh punishment that I do not believe would have been received if I had managed to explain the issue properly. In summary, I'm asking for a second opinion now that my side has been heard.]
KBB
Head Admin

Re: [NonCancerAlias] [2 week job ban] by [Manly Dwarf]

Post by KBB » August 6th, 2019, 12:02 am

You tend to pick Shaft Miner, rush Ash Drake (and adminhelp asking me to spawn a drake if one isn't around) then equip the drake armor and run around setting yourself on fire while validhunting. Because the drake armor makes you immune to fire, you can pretty easily just run around the entire station aflame forever. This always results into you bumping into people, who then bump into crowds, and everyone around you is set on fire. If they retaliate or try to get you to fuck off, you kill them. If they don't kill you, then you always always end up murdering a random innocent person thanks to your fire. I've even seen you do it on revs and set your teammates on fire.
So, you did it again on a Vampire round where the vampires wanted to be hiveminds instead. After murdering the CE and a Medical Doctor as a non-antagonist because you set yourself on fire again, you proceeded to get OneMinded then ran around setting your teammates on fire and attacking everyone in sight. I posted a comms announcement insulting you and telling you off, but clearly that didn't dissuade you from setting yourself on fire AGAIN and then burning all of your teammates' stuff off.

Bwoinked you telling you to fuck off with setting yourself on fire, and your response was to instantly call me salty. Even after getting banned, instead of thinking back and saying "hmm well maybe running around griefing everyone in sight as well as my teammates is a fucking terrible idea and I shouldn't do it", you went to OOC to complain about how you got banned "for existing."
You deserved it. In fact considering your prior notes and massive history of killing innocent people, fucking over your teammates, and generally being a massive bellend I really shouldn't have just catbanned you for a day.
NonCancerAlias

Post by NonCancerAlias » August 6th, 2019, 12:48 am

What you call "validhunting" is usually me having to stop hunting megafauna because "delta security alert weed gang is attempting to take control of the station in dorms" or "nanotrasen dimensional affairs: otherworldly beings are being summoned into existence at vacant office b, disrupt the ritual at all costs". There's a point where you have to intervein in these things when you have power. And also Can you provide a few round logs/examples from when I've done this? I don't think I recall killing people randomly with fire, and I highly doubt you'd let me get away with that. The only situations where I can remember something like this was when the other person was valid, as they were trying to steal my boss loot from lavaland. I believe I've been correct in every situation in the past regarding this, and if not I'm wondering why no admins informed me of my wrongdoings.
thefastfoodguy_2

Post by thefastfoodguy_2 » August 6th, 2019, 1:34 pm

i was the hivemind this round, can confirm he was setting everyone on fire in the shuttle
NonCancerAlias

Post by NonCancerAlias » August 6th, 2019, 9:01 pm

Can you also confirm that I was chasing the one guy who wasn't hive mind? Can you also confirm that because of how hivemind works at some points I wasn't in control of my body while it was on fire? Did non converted man die?
KBB
Head Admin

Post by KBB » August 6th, 2019, 9:14 pm

Admins get a log message whenever you get possessed by a hivemind. I can assure you, it was just yourself. You're just bullshitting now.
Yes, non-converted people died. A CE and a Medical Doctor on that round alone. On other rounds I never bwoinked you because people weren't ahelping, but you started using it so much that I told you to fuck off any way.
Fire logs are a bit imprecise and don't say "X was set on fire by Y", hence why most cases of people setting others on fire are instead logged by when someone ignites a flamethrower or whatnot.
You're also skating around the issue and saying "prove it" rather than actually trying to defend your actions. We don't have to make a list of logs and prove every little action you made for every ban, because that's simply impossible for one, and for two it would be ridiculous and tedious if it were. Saying "prove it" is a weak defense as a result and only only makes you look even more like a complete jackoff who wanted to grief and get out scott-free.

I honestly regret not making this harsher after this, I should have made it a perma. You clearly don't care that you ran around trying to kill people and griefing teammates, you're just saying you dindu and I have to prove you did it.
Bargin Mart
Game Master

Post by Bargin Mart » August 6th, 2019, 9:18 pm

This is some really shit tier behavior I can understand that items from lavaland are made to do things like this however that doesn't mean that you should USE them like this as a non antag.
Wheezl
Game Master

Post by Wheezl » August 6th, 2019, 9:21 pm

-1 for the above reasons
Xenon
Game Master

Post by Xenon » August 6th, 2019, 9:58 pm

Also gonna have to -1 this. I would have week serverbanned you for this personally
VI SITTER HÄR I VENTEN OCH SPELAR LITE DOTA
NonCancerAlias

Post by NonCancerAlias » August 7th, 2019, 12:12 am

As far as your notifications go, I didn't even see the comms announcement. So when you boinked me and the first thing I hear is him telling me not to set my teammates on fire when it's obvious from both sides that I was doing so to kill the enemy? Why didn't you just boink me in the first place instead of a comms announcement? Who's going to pay attention to that while trying to kill hivemind or killing as the hivemind? Also, "killing everyone in sight as well as my teammates", isn't that the entire point of hivemind? To kill everybody in sight who aren't my teammates? Have I been making a total mistake here, and hivemind had the rules changed awhile ago, to be a sort of... defensive antagonist, if that makes any sense? All of your replies seem to be indicating that, but as far as I've seen nobody else was aware of the new hivemind rules either. I feel here that the issue everybody has with me is more just that I was powergaming than breaking any sort of rules on the server.