Rabi131 Perma by Zyzarda

omnitricks
Posts: 118
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 3:22 pm

Re: Rabi131 Perma by Zyzarda

Post by omnitricks » August 13th, 2019, 3:40 am

Honestly while playing with Rabi sometimes is a freaking pain, I find that if you don't poke the bear he won't fuck with you so saying he is out to dick with people I believe is a fallacy since ignoring him will mean you will not give him any power to do anything to you (unless he was an antag at that time then you are fucked)
Wheezl wrote:
August 10th, 2019, 4:00 am
Unless Rabi was responsible for the AI venting air I don't see why this couldn't have just been a catban. Unless I missed something this all was an IC issue until people started suffocating.
KBB wrote:
August 10th, 2019, 4:13 am
The AI siphoning was technically the Captain's fault for killing them, and the AI's its self for not obeying asimov. I'm not if you can punish Rabi for this, especially if his part of the story is true where the doors aren't bolted and they had access to leave.
Also this. Why is Rabi being held responsible when the reason for the air being vented is on the person demanding this or the supposedly Asimov AI? Granted he did put on the sec members the debilitating statuses but those weren't the cause of death and this is blatantly obvious to everyone that its the wrong person being punished here. If nothing else, shouldn't the Asimov AI be opening the doors and letting the humans out from the dangerous situation it knowingly created? (being ordered is no excuse because of law priorities) and Rabi shouldn't be responsible for saving people from a dangerous situation they themselves demanded.
Sagaty12 wrote:
August 12th, 2019, 5:26 pm
If you weren't antag this sentence is completely wrong and justifies why Zyzarda decided to permaban you. You're not supposed to put security into a situation that can kill them if you don't have antag status you retard.
Completely false because escalation seems to allow you to murder security for doing their job and operates on belief instead of facts regardless of how farfetched they are. Observe exhibit one and two which supports this unless the obvious deciding factor is whether or not the wrongdoer is an admin or not.

Which I don't believe should be so because we all operate on rules right? /s
User avatar
KBB
Head Admin
Posts: 661
Joined: May 7th, 2018, 9:52 pm

Re: Rabi131 Perma by Zyzarda

Post by KBB » August 13th, 2019, 3:54 am

omnitricks wrote:
August 13th, 2019, 3:40 am
Honestly while playing with Rabi sometimes is a freaking pain, I find that if you don't poke the bear he won't fuck with you so saying he is out to dick with people I believe is a fallacy since ignoring him will mean you will not give him any power to do anything to you (unless he was an antag at that time then you are fucked)
Wheezl wrote:
August 10th, 2019, 4:00 am
Unless Rabi was responsible for the AI venting air I don't see why this couldn't have just been a catban. Unless I missed something this all was an IC issue until people started suffocating.
KBB wrote:
August 10th, 2019, 4:13 am
The AI siphoning was technically the Captain's fault for killing them, and the AI's its self for not obeying asimov. I'm not if you can punish Rabi for this, especially if his part of the story is true where the doors aren't bolted and they had access to leave.
Also this. Why is Rabi being held responsible when the reason for the air being vented is on the person demanding this or the supposedly Asimov AI? Granted he did put on the sec members the debilitating statuses but those weren't the cause of death and this is blatantly obvious to everyone that its the wrong person being punished here. If nothing else, shouldn't the Asimov AI be opening the doors and letting the humans out from the dangerous situation it knowingly created? (being ordered is no excuse because of law priorities) and Rabi shouldn't be responsible for saving people from a dangerous situation they themselves demanded.
Rabi is being held responsible because of his shitty mentality in the first place, as well as Security not having been in this mess if not for him. Even then, if you're kidnapping a guy, you don't just ditch them and leave them to their deaths.
The grey area is whether or not he gave them enough to escape on their own (he claims they did, others deny it), whether or not the AI or the guy who told them to siphon is at fault for the deaths, and Rabi kidnapping them for extensive periods of time on top of having a history of pulling that exact shit for no reason at all.
This is also a peanut gallery post but I'll leave it up for the sake of clarity.
omnitricks wrote:
August 13th, 2019, 3:40 am
Completely false because escalation seems to allow you to murder security for doing their job and operates on belief instead of facts regardless of how farfetched they are. Observe exhibit one and two which supports this unless the obvious deciding factor is whether or not the wrongdoer is an admin or not.

Which I don't believe should be so because we all operate on rules right? /s
I can't believe you're still mad over that. You even shitposted on reddit because you were mad over the admins saying the prisoner could fight back.
Honestly I was inactive at the time when all of that went down and I have to say I disagree with the ruling, as well as the way the admins conducted themselves, but it's also a bit grey area like this one thanks to you buckshotting people.
Image
omnitricks
Posts: 118
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 3:22 pm

Re: Rabi131 Perma by Zyzarda

Post by omnitricks » August 13th, 2019, 4:04 am

I'd say for this situation based on Rabi's account, the danger had been in fact brought upon by the victims as in they asked for it.

I'd say it would be a more obvious case of Rabi's fault had it been something wholly out of his control like a singuloose or an independent tator tot venting or, tossing them into the arms of an antag (which will be assisting which is clear cut against the rules) but in this instance, the victims are the one who knowingly took the risk expecting a certain outcome because they were so convinced of the metagame. But risks are in the name and they knew their deaths was a possible outcome when they embarked (and it wasn't even a very minor chance which might be understandably be overlooked) Not trivializing certain subjects but if someone wants to kill themselves, there isn't much you can do except token acts which aren't invasive until you can only let nature take its course.

And here, Rabi is the one wholly footing the blame instead of the AI knowingly breaking its laws (I'm not sure what its exact laws are but I'm assuming a modified Asimov until someone posts logs) and the captain forcing a dangerous situation which stinks quite a bit. Why are the other two not penalized if the deaths are such a big issue? Instead of something which outright breaks the rules, this act seems more in the interest in curbing a specific playstyle which people dislike but is apparently not important enough to be put into the rules to promote any certainty.

Shitty mentality shouldn't even be a thing here because this is Hippie server culture. People dick around, fuck with sec, steal shit and kidnap them even if nonantag with the understanding sec can fuck with them back if caught which happens most of the time because they are better equipped and supported. However rabi is more robust than most people so he does get free reign and sec would hardly get a chance to stop him unless they get lucky and I feel this is the real issue. If fucking with sec really was the issue at all, rules should be changed instead of now using it as an excuse to get rid of someone who is quite good and knowledgeable about the game and therefore, goes beyond the bounds of expected consequences just because no one else wants to deal being second best (which in ss13 can mean death)

Again security was only in that mess because they asked for it as well (the siphoning specifically) but it seems everyone wants to ignore it for some reason.
Last edited by omnitricks on August 13th, 2019, 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Agent Kiefer
Posts: 22
Joined: December 30th, 2018, 10:03 pm

Re: Rabi131 Perma by Zyzarda

Post by Agent Kiefer » August 13th, 2019, 4:07 am

McLolington wrote:
August 13th, 2019, 3:21 am
Sorry if this is peanut gallery, but I think Rabi is posting these poorly written walls of text to intentionally confound the discussion. These middle-school level monologues are the debate equivalent of an ant frantically trying to scurry out of the pit of the antlion, and he is saying everything that comes to the top of his head in hopes that something will stick, and if it doesn't stick it will at least prolong the thread. If he were to post in a clear and to-the-point manner his defense would be more easy to understand, and thus more easy to understand how bad it is. He wants this appeal to last as long as possible, and a lack of grammar and epic run-on off-topic sentences are his tools to this end. I think there should be a "have a high-school level of writing or be denied" rule.
I've got to admit, the appeal is pretty much a shitfest and peanut gallery.

There's alot of gray areas on the can's and can't's on the rules.
The situation has fucked me in this circumstances and that is all there is too it.
The accumulated large amount of notes over my time on Hippie and thin-ices has probably caught up to me due to it.

For saying everything that would come top of my head, I'd say I would go by the flow of things and not to over-extend or hastily end a person's round even if they were to provoke me.
If the players are decent, I will be decent. If the techniques are decent, I will further improve on those. If the playstyle is radically different, it will be radically countered.

Unfortunately, depedent on the tone of the round; albiet, every round is a story of growth.
A fresh new slate in every round only to have notes carried over that will have to make changes of every play you'd have to make.
Whether if this application gets accepted or denied, I had fun playing on Hippie even knowing the consequences of my actions I will always just go forward and try to learn new things.

Powergaming usually gets exhausting after a while if the player's base skills aren't up to par which I seem to got banned for originally and usually not so much about it but the story of each individual player is what matters the most to me and their fates during the round.

Normally I don't even use OOC majority of the time since it's going to be the same constantly words upon words; which action is probably I value more nowadays on Hippie.
On top on my head, there isn't really anything I can do about this post than to wait and stay quiet until a final verdict is said and true.

I've got my own values, some people have theirs.
User avatar
Xenon
Game Master
Posts: 1223
Joined: May 7th, 2018, 10:02 pm

Re: Rabi131 Perma by Zyzarda

Post by Xenon » August 14th, 2019, 7:23 pm

-1 and denied
VI SITTER HÄR I VENTEN OCH SPELAR LITE DOTA
Locked