DDPingy Admin Remark by Maroonenahmoron

ddpingy

DDPingy Admin Remark by Maroonenahmoron

Post by ddpingy » December 28th, 2018, 9:57 am

CKey: DDpingy
Character Name: David Widel
Banning Admin: Maroonenahmoron
Ban Date and Round ID: 35507. Logs: https://statbus.hippiestation.com/rounds/35507 Alternate logs: https://pste.eu/p/pGxl.html
Ban Reason: "Stripped the shift's captain of their ID/bag because captain tried to arrest/detain them, about 30s/1 minute later they were killed by an antagonist because they were left defenseless"
Ban Type: Just an admin remark.
Ban Length: Just a permanent admin remark.
Why should I be unbanned: I was an atmos technician at round start. I stole the spare captain ID from the captains office and was protecting the nuke disk as no other command official decided to do so, and we had no captain. About 30 minutes in a captain arrives. I ignore him, and call shuttle for unrelated reasons. Either due to me having the captains swat armour or ID the captain opens fire on me with his tazer, I run, he chases me and continues to fire. (He never gave me a chance to return the items, not that I expect or think he should have). I finally stun him in the HoP's office, take his stungun and egun (both weapons he used and tried to use against me) and his ID so he cannot simply loot armoury and stun me. I had no intention of messing with him until he shot at me. While he was right to shoot at me, my response was also valid. I uncuffed him with the rest of his belongings and let him out into the hallway. At this point he is essentially an assistant. About a minute later an antag killed him. However, when I let him go he was at full health, not slowed (took me plenty of time to uncuff/confiscate his weapons, he was full stamina again) and no worse off than any other crew member against antags. I get that he died and that sucks but from my perspective this is entirely an IC issue. Since when is it against the rules for an atmos tech to steal the captains egun/stungun on Hippie??? Its not my responsibility if he died 1 minute later or 1 hour later. He was totally fine when I let him go, and the hallway was empty of people so its not like I had any way of knowing he was in danger (and he wasn't in immediate visible danger when I released him). If I had no way of knowing at all he was in danger, then this could have happened to anyone who stole the captains e-gun; and if thats against the rules, thats a huge change in Hippie policy.

And for the record: please don't respond saying "don't appeal remarks its not that big of a deal". It is a big deal to me because I enjoy greytiding. I work hard play hard. Some rounds I do my job 100% best of my ability, sometimes I just steal shit. I never try to break the rules and am always careful to stay on the right side of the (visible) lines in the sand. And I have multiple quotes from headmins saying its acceptable to appeal a note, and that a clean record isn't pointless.

Thank you for reading!
Xenon
Game Master

Re: DDPingy Admin Remark by Maroonenahmoron

Post by Xenon » December 28th, 2018, 2:22 pm

+1 i guess.
VI SITTER HÄR I VENTEN OCH SPELAR LITE DOTA
Nathanel13
Head Admin

Post by Nathanel13 » December 28th, 2018, 6:14 pm

Yeah, seems like no one was really in the wrong here. Bad luck for poor cap.

+1
The Meat Man
Game Admin

Post by The Meat Man » December 28th, 2018, 8:13 pm

+1 if everything said is true, but i want to hear what maroon says. Standby for the afterhours, folks
ddpingy

Post by ddpingy » December 28th, 2018, 9:41 pm

Thank you for your quick replies. I am in no rush whatsoever; leave this up as long as need be. It would be helpful for sure to have Maroonenahmoron's side and possibly even the captains. However, (and correct me if I'm wrong) I do not think our accounts differ too much in how the events transpired. Rather, I think we differ on whether or not said events are worth punishment under the rules. But I could be mistaken, so if the captain or Maroon disagrees with that or has logs that show more detail of what happened immediately after please share if they change the circumstance.
Maroonenahforum
Game Master

Post by Maroonenahforum » December 30th, 2018, 5:38 pm

I can relate how captain tried to stun you without question, not exactly the same way for their round to bend enough to fall off the cliff of life.

And yeah, we would like to have our captain of said round have an opinion on this matter.
EagleEyes
Game Admin

Post by EagleEyes » January 2nd, 2019, 9:43 pm

wait since when is stripping someone bannable? +1 if this is true
I am just a floating pair of Eagle's eyes that blink really fast to communicate
Manu9123

Post by Manu9123 » January 7th, 2019, 12:18 pm

Yeah I was the cap sad I don't remember about what I died but I think it was like an morph or idk tho 1+
The Meat Man
Game Admin

Post by The Meat Man » January 7th, 2019, 9:32 pm

Accepted, the remark will be removed