Alter the rules and make full-strip mugging a valid reason for you to kill said person.

Spessmens go here
ArchitectOfChaos

Alter the rules and make full-strip mugging a valid reason for you to kill said person.

Post by ArchitectOfChaos » January 7th, 2019, 12:30 am

Hello.

Recently I came across the revelation that full-strip mugging did not make someone valid, of course i'd understand if they were taking your things for a good reason, such as you were being suspicious/a shitter and they needed to take something from you. However, majority of the time the case tends to lie that it's greytiders slipping people or stunning them, cuffing them, taking of all of their equipment, clothes, items etc including their ID. And then proceeding to just run off with it and leave them.

Why is this protected? Why are these players protected from harsh consequences when they clearly deserve them for being a shitter? They've just decided to go and mess with players round because, lets face it, although they aren't dead or in a place that they're locked inside of, their capability of actually continuing doing anything worthwhile/interesting in the round as opposed to just walking around the hallways is fucked because again, heres some more honesty, it's not like the HOP is going to do his job and actually hand out a spare ID so he can get more clothes and go back to his department.

I remember before, the days of hippie where you could quite literally kill someone for even attempting to slip you for a mugging, but now it seems the case that greytiders are protected far more than they should be? Why are they protected when they decide to strip people of all their things and act like a jackass? If they're willing to do things to that extent, then they should have the risk of a harsh consequence in order to even it out. I.e if they're willing to be a shitter, they should be prepared to get murdered and kicked out of the round for it by the player that they did this to. It's how it worked back then, and I don't see why it's been changed because quite honestly? They fucking deserve it.

In conclusion, it'd be better if players became valid to the person they decide to slip and full-strip all their stuff and run off with it as due to fair being fair, and they're getting what was coming to them. Of course, this doesn't apply to when security fullstrips peoples clothes into a locker when brigging them or if there's a genuine reason someone is fullstripping your stuff as opposed to "I wanna be a jackass" "I want your stuff/access to steal shit".
KBB
Game Master

Re: Alter the rules and make full-strip mugging a valid reason for you to kill said person.

Post by KBB » January 7th, 2019, 4:24 am

:smugdon:
omnitricks

Re: Alter the rules and make full-strip mugging a valid reason for you to kill said person.

Post by omnitricks » January 7th, 2019, 6:10 am

Uhhh you can? It's considered lethal intent so feel free to robust em if they stun, cuff and strip. Rules seem to suggest they don't even need to cuff you.

You can't robust shitsec for the same though.
XTrainx
Game Admin

Post by XTrainx » January 7th, 2019, 12:23 pm

omnitricks wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 6:10 am
Uhhh you can? It's considered lethal intent so feel free to robust em if they stun, cuff and strip. Rules seem to suggest they don't even need to cuff you.

You can't robust shitsec for the same though.
they are valid until the moment they let you go, after that there's no longer lethal intent
Miles Moralis

Post by Miles Moralis » January 7th, 2019, 3:56 pm

Yes if they just take something from you like ID or anything which is your department's equipment and if you are not disturbing that said person with that then you can kill them unless they just let you go and uncuff you
2. If they leave you as cuffed and take something serious[excluding ID, taking ID always make people valid unless they are considered sec] you can still robust the shit out of them.

I think you misread the rule robust anyone who steals your id or cuffs you as non-sec and doesn't let you go.
Milesmoralis
ArchitectOfChaos

Post by ArchitectOfChaos » January 7th, 2019, 4:19 pm

Miles Moralis wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 3:56 pm
Yes if they just take something from you like ID or anything which is your department's equipment and if you are not disturbing that said person with that then you can kill them unless they just let you go and uncuff you
2. If they leave you as cuffed and take something serious[excluding ID, taking ID always make people valid unless they are considered sec] you can still robust the shit out of them.

I think you misread the rule robust anyone who steals your id or cuffs you as non-sec and doesn't let you go.
Really? It honestly feels like the admins say different things when it comes to this. I've been told many of times that you can't kill them for mugging your stuff unless they lethally harm you in any way period.
yobihodazine

Post by yobihodazine » January 10th, 2019, 5:30 pm

I swear I posted in this thread. Why is xenon deleting posts in general now?
waterwater1212

Post by waterwater1212 » January 10th, 2019, 7:05 pm

because xenon is the illuminati
Xenon
Game Master

Post by Xenon » January 10th, 2019, 7:39 pm

I deleted nothing?
VI SITTER HÄR I VENTEN OCH SPELAR LITE DOTA
yobihodazine

Post by yobihodazine » January 10th, 2019, 8:11 pm

oh thanks that's helpful, Mr. Only Person Who Can See Deleted Posts, i appreciate it.