New map - HippieMeta - what would it need?

Spessmens go here
Pyko
Head Coder

New map - HippieMeta - what would it need?

Post by Pyko » April 2nd, 2019, 5:58 pm

What places would need to be ported from current box based hippiestation map to metalake to suit our needs?

Things i can think of:
Forge
Russian spy room
lcass chem
Engine options?
aww fuk, bye!
dogturd

Re: New map - HippieMeta - what would it need?

Post by dogturd » April 2nd, 2019, 6:11 pm

Singulo/Tesla room instead of awful sm
Turret

Post by Turret » April 2nd, 2019, 6:26 pm

Move the AI sat I guess
gaylard
Game Admin

Post by gaylard » April 2nd, 2019, 7:06 pm

genetics monkey cage: the way genetics is done now you basically go around scanning monkeys and people in the hopes they have the right sequence, so you're going to be expanding them all right from the start. the metalake genetics department clearly has the old style of genetics in mind where you just work on a single monkey until they get so irradiated they die and then you grab a new one.

lclass in chemistry rather than science because i dont know why science would just have a chem section that's better than medical chemistry in every single way, like in metalake.

the freezer in xenobiology shouldn't be behind the big cage and as far away as possible from the xenobiology console (as seen in metalake) as you'll often be moving slimes from their cages to the freezer, then the grinder, which will probably be moved to the person working the console.

no rooms that are just there to take up space. I assume the idea is to accommodate medium to high playercount, that doesn't mean you can just put completely worthless rooms that no one will ever go into. Take metalake's genetics reception for example, where the geneticist can't even see if anyone's there if they're not specifically in the reception room, it wouldn't serve as a place for shenanigans and it wouldn't even be a good place for anything antag-related as it's in plain sight but still kind of a pain in the ass to break into for no reward.

surgery audience room and maint shenanigans are cool though.
bring back science outpost.
thebiggestboss
Game Admin

Post by thebiggestboss » April 2nd, 2019, 7:41 pm

Basically copy engineering from hippiestation including the SM and TEG

Anyone who hates on the SM probably doesnt know how to use it
Skeedie

Post by Skeedie » April 2nd, 2019, 7:53 pm

How about engineering moved to the top of the station? considering there isn't an sm.
Pyko
Head Coder

Post by Pyko » April 5th, 2019, 6:58 pm

you do realize that moving engineering to top of the map would prettymuch need half of the map to be remapped for no reasons than "considering there isn't an sm."
aww fuk, bye!
Danke

Post by Danke » April 5th, 2019, 11:56 pm

or we just keep the normal station because literally nobody cares
Danke

Post by Danke » April 6th, 2019, 12:14 am

>be me
>off hiatus for a bit
>coders decide after like 5 years to change the map out of nowhere
>mixed reactions
>"wheheeheh fuck ur opinions we're coders so we're gonna make whatever changes we want hurrdurr"

Why? We've always used hippie's boxstation layout. It's been altered over the years, sure, but what reason have we to change maps? It can handle 90 players easily. It has so much shit to do.

I'll get behind metalake if coders agree to do a community only poll and have that as the basis for adding metalake to rotation. metalake is shit
thefastfoodguy_2

Post by thefastfoodguy_2 » April 6th, 2019, 1:06 am

Danke wrote:
April 6th, 2019, 12:14 am
>be me
>off hiatus for a bit
>coders decide after like 5 years to change the map out of nowhere
>mixed reactions
>"wheheeheh fuck ur opinions we're coders so we're gonna make whatever changes we want hurrdurr"

Why? We've always used hippie's boxstation layout. It's been altered over the years, sure, but what reason have we to change maps? It can handle 90 players easily. It has so much shit to do.

I'll get behind metalake if coders agree to do a community only poll and have that as the basis for adding metalake to rotation. metalake is shit
there's the small problem of Box being barely able to handle 70 players. the reason metalake went into rotation was ssethtide.