Ban appeal accountability

Spessmens go here
gamemanx8

Ban appeal accountability

Post by gamemanx8 » May 13th, 2019, 11:22 pm

More often than not a ban expire before any action or response is taken. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=748 As per the deadlines no ban appeal should take longer than the bans expiry. This should not be happening especially when there is a deadline for admins to adhere to. So in this case I propose that if there is no response to the ban appeal within the deadlines, the ban is automatically lifted. If an admin puts effort to ban someone; they better be willing to put effort into the appeals as well instead of waiting for it to not be their problem anymore.
Xenon
Game Master

Re: Ban appeal accountability

Post by Xenon » May 15th, 2019, 5:19 pm

Ban appeals are the easy ones. Ban requests are annoying since a lot of the time, logs aren't provided to us and neither is the ckey. We are also required to wait a couple of days for the accused party to respond
VI SITTER HÄR I VENTEN OCH SPELAR LITE DOTA
Wheezl
Game Admin

Post by Wheezl » May 23rd, 2019, 5:25 am

People shouldn't be making a ban appeal for anything under 24 hours anyway. If they feel it was unfair they should make an admin complaint instead.
yobihodazine

Post by yobihodazine » May 23rd, 2019, 9:30 am

It’s illegal to make numerous admin complaints
Xenon
Game Master

Post by Xenon » May 23rd, 2019, 10:14 am

No it isn't. It's illegal to make a lot of complaints for bad reasons.
VI SITTER HÄR I VENTEN OCH SPELAR LITE DOTA
yobihodazine

Post by yobihodazine » May 23rd, 2019, 11:13 pm

Who decides what a bad reason is?
KBB
Head Admin

Post by KBB » Yesterday, 1:30 am

yobihodazine wrote:
May 23rd, 2019, 11:13 pm
Who decides what a bad reason is?
A reason that can't be acted on much more than a slap on the wrist. A reason that is just whining over "admin said mean words to me." Nothing that actually speaks of the admin's ability to administrate or work with people, but rather just a whinepost about something that doesn't matter.
That's a bad reason.
gamemanx8 wrote:
May 13th, 2019, 11:22 pm
More often than not a ban expire before any action or response is taken. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=748 As per the deadlines no ban appeal should take longer than the bans expiry. This should not be happening especially when there is a deadline for admins to adhere to. So in this case I propose that if there is no response to the ban appeal within the deadlines, the ban is automatically lifted. If an admin puts effort to ban someone; they better be willing to put effort into the appeals as well instead of waiting for it to not be their problem anymore.
We've been doing a sloppy job with ban appeals recently, and I actually agree that the admin should put in the effort to check ban appeals and respond to ones they're involved in. But they'll almost never lift the bans themselves, and if brought to the attention of a GM or HA, they generally will want someone else to step in so they can agree on something.
yobihodazine

Post by yobihodazine » Yesterday, 1:42 am

Using admin powers frivolously is a red flag and so is lack of empathy towards players.
KBB
Head Admin

Post by KBB » Yesterday, 1:52 am

If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen. If a player is being annoying, everyone's allowed to make fun of them.
yobihodazine

Post by yobihodazine » Yesterday, 4:21 pm

I know what you are referring to and I stand by my consideration of changing a ghosts name for no reason other than to make fun of someone as abuse.