Staff meeting - September 15th, 2018

Hear ye, hear ye!
Carbonhell
Maintainer

Staff meeting - September 15th, 2018

Post by Carbonhell » September 15th, 2018, 3:30 pm

We're gonna have a meeting with a lot of points in some hours. The points that will be discussed are:
1)Possibly enable map rotation, with metalake and future maps.
2)Be more chill with rules, only punish with bans and stuff if someone has malicious intent or has a history of doing stupid shit.
3)Adding clock cult back in.
4)More big events, like special gamemodes driven by admins.
5)Wiki editor channel should be public, to encourage more activity since i am on the verge of demoting them all
6)Enable the ingame PR announcer to encourage players activity in PRs, especially important for mirrors
7)Ask people if they want to contribute to the lag bounty. I do not know if this is a good idea or not, but if people send me money i can put them in the bounty. I want everyone's approval before doing this though since i am handling it
8)Extend the bounty to be public since only two maintainers tried to approach the problem and their attempts failed
9)Discuss admin activity. A lot of players seem to have a problem with inactive admins. Our only activity requirements are for all ranks except GA, if everyone wants GAs to be included, and perhaps specify a tot of connections to upkeep, with some sort of strike system.
10)With the GBP system we can see how many good PRs maintainers do, in particular bugfixes and refactors. Ingame rewards for the best maintainer?
More can be added, meeting will be held in 5 hours and 30 minutes from now.
Results will be added to this topic, in the main post(this).
tfw
Head Admin

Re: Staff meeting - September 15th, 2018

Post by tfw » September 15th, 2018, 6:53 pm

removing the oh hi daniel shuttle from the config
tfw
Head Admin

Re: Staff meeting - September 15th, 2018

Post by tfw » September 15th, 2018, 10:59 pm

9/15/2018 MEETING RESULTS:

1) Possibly enable map rotation, with metalake and future maps.
Yes, enable map rotation with metalake (our own version of metastaion) where pop is greater than or equal to 30. More maps are an option in the future.

2) Be more chill with rules, only punish with bans and stuff if someone has malicious intent or has a history of doing stupid shit.
Don't need to be more chill, if anything we need to be more strict, but remember that context and intent sill matters.

3) Adding clock cult back in.
Mostly up to coders discretion. If we were to re-add it make it closer to blood cult in design.

4) More big events, like special gamemodes driven by admins.
Admin events are up to admin discretion. They are not obligated to do events whatsoever. Perhaps have admins that are experienced with events write up a guide. Create a subforum for event discussion, and start actually using the one in the discord. Maybe have an Ass Day?

5) Wiki editor channel should be public, to encourage more activity since i am on the verge of demoting them all
Make wiki channel public. Let all admins and mentors edit the wiki. Purge all current wiki maintainers. Players still need to ask for permissions to edit.

6) Enable the ingame PR announcer to encourage players activity in PRs, especially important for mirrors
Doing this. Is a preference so those who dont want to see it dont have to. Enabled by default.

7) Ask people if they want to contribute to the lag bounty. I do not know if this is a good idea or not, but if people send me money i can put them in the bounty. I want everyone's approval before doing this though since i am handling it
Yes, Carbon is handling it via paypal.

8) Extend the bounty to be public since only two maintainers tried to approach the problem and their attempts failed
Yes, extend to the public (includes people from other codebases and servers.)

9) Discuss admin activity. A lot of players seem to have a problem with inactive admins. Our only activity requirements are for all ranks except GA, if everyone wants GAs to be included, and perhaps specify a tot of connections to upkeep, with some sort of strike system.
Warn GAs with less than or equal to 5 connections a month to be more active. If they are not active then they are given an on break role. When/if they come back they are quickly re-trialed over a few rounds to see if they are still good to admin. If they are they are promoted back to GA. If not they are put back through the trialling process. Admin activity on the discord versus in game will be treated on a case by case basis.

10) With the GBP system we can see how many good PRs maintainers do, in particular bugfixes and refactors. Ingame rewards for the best maintainer?
not really much we can do, shill hippiestation everywhere known to man

Points brought up after points 1-10 were discussed:

11) removing the oh hi daniel shuttle from the config
Yes

12) evaluating the new rules in regard to binary validity in the meeting topics
Just ironed out confusion when it comes to these rules. Simply having an antag item does not make you valid, using it does (this means you need to see it being used or deduce that it was the person you have in custody that used it). People that are simply carrying an antag item are fair game for perma.

13) "I would still like a ruling regarding how the crew reacts to friendly wizards, and especially wizards with a staff of change. This has been a real problem the last couple days. Should players be required to kill the wizard they get the chance, or at least required to attack the wizard once they get changed?"
Players are not forced to kill/hunt any antags. This does NOT mean that they are allowed to knowingly help an antagonist. Doing so does is against the rules.

14) Make gamemode weights the same across all boards
Yes, however they are still gated behind pop