asskek -- admin application

asskek

asskek -- admin application

Post by asskek » April 12th, 2019, 2:01 am

Name(s) asskek
Timezone: varying - currently whatever texas is
Languages Spoken: english
How long have you played on hippie?: as long as it's been up
What brought you to hippie?: i don't remember the specifics, but after playing a few rounds coming fresh from tg as a new ss13 player, i loved it -- i loved the freedom to do what i wanted to make sure everyone in the round had fun and i had a masochistic love for the admins that told me i was an autistic child, many, many times. crazy to think i was 17 when i started playing here, now i'm 20 (by a week)
Why do you want to become admin?: i could say i want to give back to the community that inducted me into SS13 and nurtured my love for the game, but that'd be waxing bullshit because being an admin isn't necessarily giving back. it's about molding the server into what the rules and the headmins envision it to be and nourishing that same love for the game in new players. being an admin isn't just volunteer work, it's quality control, done out of respect and appreciation -- on hippie, it's about molding new players into ones that know how to have fun and making sure other players don't trample on that. i love this game, i love the murderboners, i love the obsession over breaking mechanics, i love the sandbox that the rules place us in and i love seeing people make the most of that.
Any previous admin apps or experience?: yes -- i am garbage
Any additional information: the three core values of the air force are integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do -- cliche and trite, maybe, but fuck if i didn't have three months of training forcing me to abide by those. if i can make a bed tighter than a teenage nun then i can do my job as an admin better than i've done in the past -- much better. i've made a lot of mistakes but like i said, i love this game. i'm in tech training right now for about 6 months before i become operational. i'm free on the weekends and when i'm not studying after duty-hours during the week i'm usually working on my own server project, writing, or busting heads in ss13. i might as well make the latter time spent a little more productive, and hone these virtues i've come to abide by. i love you all. some of the people i've met in this game are the most upstanding human beings i know, to the point where i've adapted the mask that is "asskek" to better suit their standards -- we are all characters in this community, i've noticed, jungian figures -- but i've learned to show my true self, and it is a man who has grown up. i hope i can show this to you all.

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this. thank you for your time.
Nexendia

Re: asskek -- admin application

Post by Nexendia » April 12th, 2019, 5:29 am

Better than Llama +1

Post by karma » April 12th, 2019, 8:42 am

Nexendia wrote:
April 12th, 2019, 5:29 am
Better than Llama +1
fuck you twink
+1 to asskek
freshonionvendor

Post by freshonionvendor » April 12th, 2019, 8:52 am

yes do it +1
Carbonhell

Post by Carbonhell » April 12th, 2019, 9:44 am

What's the point of this? You have other projects to deal with, and not even enough time for them, why would you want to be an admin here? You only have 22 connections this month, too
Gildedage

Post by Gildedage » April 12th, 2019, 10:18 am

Absolute god amongst men and a valued community member.
1+
GuyonBroadway
Maintainer

Post by GuyonBroadway » April 12th, 2019, 10:31 am

I thought you were in the marines learning to be a crayon eater...
asskek

Post by asskek » April 12th, 2019, 10:43 am

will post longer reply to carbon after class but guyon— that was almost a year ago, got DEP discharged on purpose so I could join the Air Force instead. Never went to marine boot.
GuyonBroadway
Maintainer

Post by GuyonBroadway » April 12th, 2019, 11:00 am

Dang I was gonna ask what your faveourite flavour of crayon was.
Wheezl
Game Master

Post by Wheezl » April 12th, 2019, 11:06 am

+1 if only for the airforce reghead